Mengenai Saya

Foto Saya
hidup harus di nikmati, so be your self ....

Cari Blog Ini

Memuat...

Sabtu, 29 Januari 2011

ESP MATERIAL DEVELOPMENT

ESP MATERIAL DEVELOPMENT

Lecturer: Retno Budiwahyuni, M.Pd


Submitted by:

ENDANG PURWANINGSIH ( 08.22.0031 / BP /2008 )

COLLEGE OF TEACHER TRAININGS AND EDUCATIONAL

SCIENCES OF SILIWANGI BANDUNG

2011

SYLABUS

Nama Sekolah : SMK PELITA Bandung

Mata Pelajaran : Bahasa Inggris

Kelas/Semester : 1/II

Standar Kompetensi : Berkomunikasi Dengan Bahasa Inggris Setara Level Novice

Kode Kompetensi :

KOMPETENSI DASAR

INDIKATOR

MATERI PEMBELAJARAN

KEGIATAN PEMBELAJARAN

PENILAIAN

ALOKASI WAKTU

SUMBER BELAJAR

TM

PS

PI

Menghasilkan

tuturan

sederhana yang

cukup untuk

fungsi-fungsi

dasar

 Ungkapan penyesalan dan

permintaan maaf serta pemberian

responnya disampaikan dengan tepat.

 Ungkapan simpati serta pemberian respon terhadapnya disampaikan dengan tepat

 Ungkapan berbagai perasaan

disampaikan dengan tepat

 Ungkapan permintaan dan

pemberian ijin disampaikan

dengan tepat

 Ungkapan perintah dan permintaan digunakan secara tepat.

 Ungkapan penawaran barang dan jasa digunakan secara tepat.

 Words and expressions used to show regrets and apologies:

I’m sorry that ...

 Words and expressions used to express sympathy:

I’m sorry to hear that ..

 Adjectives for expressing feelings:

happy, terrible, sad, etc

 Adjectives ‘ –ing’ vs ‘- ed’ boring ›‹ bored

 Adjective set expressions get bored; turn, bad, etc

 Subject – verb agreement:

John is very happy to see you.

 Words and expressions used in asking for

and giving permission:

May I use the phone?

You can leave now.

 Grammar: Modals +Auxiliary

Expressions and verb forms used in

commands and requests:

Can you lend me a pen, please?

Come here!; Stand up!

Responses to commands:

Yes, I will.

Certainly.

Expressions used for offering things and services.

Would you like to have some tea?

Would you like to taste this food?

 Li s t ening:

Dictation

Listening for information

Completing passages

 Speaking:

Pronunciation practice

Dialogue practice

In pairs, creating and practicing dialogues dealing with regret

and apologies, sympathy, asking for and giving information,

offering

things and services.

Expressing feelings about certain events

 Reading:

Reading for information:

Dialogues

Stories which stimulate readers’ emotion

 Writ ing:

Completing dialogues

Rearranging jumbled dialogues

Composing short stories (good or bad experiences)

 Tes lisan :

Dialog

Merespon

Pernyataan

 Tes tertulis:

Melengkapi kalimat

Membuat kalimat

berdasarkan gambar.

Menyusun cerita.

2

1

1

Global Access to theWorld

of Work

American Business English

Person to Person

Grammar in Use

Keterangan :

TM : Tatap Muka

PS : Praktik di Sekolah (2 jam praktik di sekolah setara dengan 1 jam tatap muka)

PI : Praktik di lapangan(4 jam praktik di DU/DI setara dengan 1 jam tatap muka)

LESSON PLAN

A. IDENTITY

School’s Name : SMK PELITA Bandung

Class / Semester : 1 / II

Standard of Competence : To Communicate in English on Novice level

Basic Competence : Producing simple pronunciation which is enough for base function

Time Allocated : 2 x 35 minutes

B. THE AIMS OF TEACHING

Students are able to :

1. Produce simple expressions that cover base language function

2. Expressions of showing regret, apology, sympathy, and expressing feeling.

3. Understand to use subject and grammar agreement

4. Understand to use modal auxiliary

C. TEACHING MATERIALS

1. Words and expressions used to show regrets and apologies:

- I’m sorry that ...

2. Words and expressions used to express sympathy:

- I’m sorry to hear that ..

3. Adjectives for expressing feelings: happy, terrible, sad, etc

4. Adjectives ‘ –ing’ vs ‘- ed’ boring ›‹ bored

5. Adjective set expressions get bored; turn, bad, etc

6. Subject – verb agreement:

- John is very happy to see you.

7. Words and expressions used in asking for and giving permission:

- May I use the phone?

- You can leave now.

8. Grammar: Modals +Auxiliary

- Expressions and verb forms used in commands and requests:

* Can you lend me a pen, please?

* Come here!; Stand up!

- Responses to commands:

* Yes, I will.

* Certainly.

- Expressions used for offering things and services.

* Would you like to have some tea?

* Would you like to taste this food?

D. TEACHING METHODS

a. Explanation

b. Discussion

c. Questioning

d. Dialog

e. Role Play

E. TEACHING ACTIVITIES

The first – Activity

1. The teacher greets the students and ask them to pay attention by giving questions

2. Mention and introduce the new material about simple pronunciation

3. Pre – test

The Main Activity

. 1. The teacher shows a few examples of words and expressions used to show regrets and apologies

2. The teacher shows a few examples of words and expressions used to express sympathy

3. The teacher shows a few examples of adjectives for expressing feelings

4. The teacher explains about adjectives ‘ –ing’ vs ‘- ed’

5. The teacher explains about adjective set expressions get bored

6. The teacher explains and shows a few example of subject – verb agreement

7. The teacher explains and shows a few example of words and expressions used in asking for and giving permission

8. The teacher explains and shows a few example of Modals +Auxiliary

The last activity

1. To correct students’ activities

2. Giving tasks

3. Post – test / home work

F. LEARNING SOURCE

1. English for SMK 1 ( BSE ) Unit 4 Page 80 - 107

2. Sukses Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMK (HUP) page 1 - 20

3. Dictionary

G. SCORING

Indicator

Technique of

scoring

Form of

scoring

Instrument

Answer Key

Score

1. expressions of regrets and apologies and gift responses with correct functioned

2. expressions of sympathy and gift responses with correct functioned

3. expressions of feelings with correct functioned

4. expressions of asking for and giving permission with correct functioned

5. Expressions commands and requests with correct functioned

6. Expressions offering things and services with correct functioned

Written , Oral

Essay test

10

INSTRUMENT

I. Listen to your teacher and practice these dialogues aloud in pairs.

1. In a classroom

Edo : Good morning, sir.

Mr. Kuncoro : Morning, Edo.

Edo : I would like to apologize for being late to class.

Mr. Kuncoro : Why do you come late?

Edo : My motorbike had a flat tyre on the way to school.

Mr. Kuncoro : It’s OK this time. Please be on time in the future.

Edo : Yes, I will. Thank you, sir.

2. In a meeting.

Manager : We’re sorry to have the meeting here. We know that it’s not comfortable here, but we have no choice. The meeting

room is being renovated.

Guest : That’s all right, we completely understand.

Manager : Thank you.

3. In classroom

Lisa : Sorry, I forgot to bring your magazine back.

Ani : No problem, I have finished reading it and you may give it back to me next time.

Lisa : Thanks.

4. At school.

Iwan : I saw someone pick you up at school yesterday. Who was he?

Adi : Oh, he’s my uncle. He told me that my mother had just passed away. Then he asked me to go home.

Iwan : I’m sorry to hear that, please accept my condolence.

Adi : Thanks.

II. Complete these dialogues and practice them with your partner!

1. In a restaurant.

Girl : I’d like some vanilla ice cream, please.

Waiter : I ____________. We don’t have any vanilla left.

Girl : Then I’ll have some strawberry, please.

Waiter : I’m sorry, Miss. _________________strawberry, either.

Girl : Then, ___________ have?

Waiter : Only chocolate and orange.

Girl : I’ll have chocolate please.

2. In an office.

Supervisor : You sent me a message yesterday that you couldn’t come to office. But you didn’t explain the reason. What

___________?

Staff : I _________, I didn’t mean to underestimate you, but I have no time to explain it. I was in a hurry to take my father

to hospital. He suddenly had a heart attack.

Supervisor : I _____________________. I hope he’ll get better soon.

3. In classroom.

Hendra : What’s up, buddy? You __________.

Aldo : I’ve scratched Gading’s new mobile phone.

Hendra : Oh, that’s too bad. Did you pay for the damage?

Aldo : No, he has forgiven me, but I _____ guilty myself.

ANSWER KEY SCORE

1. I am sorry Miss 1

We don’t have 1

What do you have? 1

2. What happen with you? 1

I am sorry sir 1

I am sorry to hear that 1

3. You look so sad 2

I am feeling 2

ENGLISH LEARNING MATERIAL FOR SECRETARY

School’s Name : SMK PELITA Bandung

Class / Semester : 1 / II

Time Allocated : 2 x 35 minutes

Basic Competence : Producing simple pronunciation which is enough for base function

Language Skill : Listening and speaking

LEARNING OUTCOMES

Students will be able to produce simple expressions that cover base language function, they are expressions of:

1. Showing regret, apology, sympathy, and expressing feeling.

2. Asking for and giving permission,

3. Command, request, and offering things or services.

INTRODUCTION/BACKGROUND

When we did something that hurts or inconveniences another person, we usually apologize. The function of apology is to show regret for the wrong action and to offer an explanation.

TEACHING MATERIALS

1. Words and expressions used to show regrets and apologies:

- I’m sorry that...

2. Words and expressions used to express sympathy:

- I’m sorry to hear that...

3. Adjectives for expressing feelings: happy, terrible, sad, etc

LEARNING ACTIVITIES

1. The teacher shows a few examples of words and expressions used to show regrets and apologies

2. The teacher shows a few examples of words and expressions used to express sympathy

3. The teacher shows a few examples of adjectives for expressing feelings

UNIT 4

FORGIVE ME, I’M TERRIBLY SORRY…

Section One

SHOWING REGRET, APOLOGY, SYMPATHY, AND EXPRESSING FEELING

Activity 1 Listen to your teacher and repeat these expressions!

1. I would like to apologize for being late to class.

2. It’s OK this time. Please be on time in the future.

3. Yes, I will. Thank you, sir.

4. We’re sorry to have the meeting here.

5. That’s all right, we completely understand.

6. Sorry, I forgot to bring your magazine back.

7. No problem, I have finished reading it.

8. I’m sorry to hear that, please accept my condolence.

Activity 2 Listen to your teacher and practice these dialogues aloud in pairs!

1. In a classroom

Edo : Good morning, sir.

Mr. Kuncoro : Morning, Edo.

Edo : I would like to apologize for being late to class.

Mr. Kuncoro : Why do you come late?

Edo : My motorbike had a flat tyre on the way to school.

Mr. Kuncoro : It’s OK this time. Please be on time in the future.

Edo : Yes, I will. Thank you, sir.

2. In a meeting.

Manager : We’re sorry to have the meeting here. We know that it’s not comfortable here, but we have no choice. The meeting

room is being renovated.

Guest : That’s all right, we completely understand.

Manager : Thank you.

3. In classroom

Lisa : Sorry, I forgot to bring your magazine back.

Ani : No problem, I have finished reading it and you may give it back to me next time.

Lisa : Thanks.

4. At school.

Iwan : I saw someone pick you up at school yesterday. Who was he?

Adi : Oh, he’s my uncle. He told me that my mother had just passed away. Then he asked me to go home.

Iwan : I’m sorry to hear that, please accept my condolence.

Adi : Thanks.

ENRICHMENT

Read the following story!

I was on a train the other day, traveling from Jakarta to Surabaya. I was sitting a half-full compartment, and wanted to read the last chapter of Agatha Christie’s “The Orient Express”. Suddenly, a woman came in and said. “Excuse me. Is this seat taken?”. “No”, I answered briefly. Usually I like to talk with people, but not this time. I wanted to finish reading the book and find out who the murderer was. “Do you mind if I smoke?” said the woman. At first I wanted to say, “Well, I feel sick when people smoke. Can you find another seat?”.

But of course, I smiled a charming smile and said, “Yes, certainly”. I still have not finished that last chapter and still don’t know who the murderer was. You see, I am unfortunately one of those people who find it difficult to say “No” to expressions like “May I …”, “Do you mind if I …”, or “Is it alright if I …”. The trouble is that when I hear those magic words, I just don’t have the courage to refuse. Well, what do you say to those difficult questions?

(adapted from Gateway2; English for Communication, 1990)

MODAL AUXILIARIES

Study the following explanation!

We ask for a permission with can and may in the form of a yes/no question sentence. Study the following chart.

Auxiliary

Subject

Base form of verb

Object/adverb

Can

I

take

your bike?

May

we

leave

now?

May is more polite and formal than can.

EVALUATION

II. Complete these dialogues and practice them with your partner!

1. In a restaurant.

Girl : I’d like some vanilla ice cream, please.

Waiter : I ____________. We don’t have any vanilla left.

Girl : Then I’ll have some strawberry, please.

Waiter : I’m sorry, Miss. _________________strawberry, either.

Girl : Then, ___________ have?

Waiter : Only chocolate and orange.

Girl : I’ll have chocolate please.

2. In an office.

Supervisor : You sent me a message yesterday that you couldn’t come to office. But you didn’t explain the reason. What

___________?

Staff : I _________, I didn’t mean to underestimate you, but I have no time to explain it. I was in a hurry to take my father

to hospital. He suddenly had a heart attack.

Supervisor : I _____________________. I hope he’ll get better soon.

3. In classroom.

Hendra : What’s up, buddy? You __________.

Aldo : I’ve scratched Gading’s new mobile phone.

Hendra : Oh, that’s too bad. Did you pay for the damage?

Aldo : No, he has forgiven me, but I _____ guilty myself.

ANSWER KEY

1. I am sorry Miss

We don’t have

What do you have?

2. What happen with you?

I am sorry sir

I am sorry to hear that

3. You look so sad

I am feeling

ANALYSIS BAHAN AJAR

Kompetensi Dasar

Indikator

Keterangan Berbahasa

Fungsi Bahasa

Unsur Bahasa

Alokasi Waktu

Judul

Materi Pengayaan

Menghasilkan

tuturan

sederhana yang

cukup untuk

fungsi-fungsi

dasar

 Ungkapan penyesalan dan

permintaan maaf serta pemberian

responnya disampaikan dengan tepat.

 Ungkapan simpati serta pemberian respon terhadapnya disampaikan dengan tepat

 Ungkapan berbagai perasaan

disampaikan dengan tepat

- Listening

- Writing

Tekstual

Deklaratif

Interogatif

Imperatife

Fonem : /I/, /I;/

Ksk : Sorry, I, me

Frase : NP

Str : Wh Q

2 jam

Showing Regret, Apology, Sympathy, And Expressing Feeling

Enrichment

- reading

- writing

- Grammar focus

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar